Green Book gets a big post-Oscars bump.
In its second week, Universal and DreamWorks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World finished in first place, again. The additional $30 million brings the film's domestic total, so far, to $97.6 million.
Tyler Perry's last outing as Madea in A Madea's Family Funeral earned as second place finish with $27 million. The film marks Perry's ninth feature film built around the character.
Focus Features released Greta, starring Isabelle Huppert and Chloe Grace Moretz. The reviews for the psychological thriller were mixed-to-positive. Its opening weekend total of $4.58 million gave it enough for a Top Ten finish, but not enough to break the top five.
Holdovers for the weekend include Alita: Battle Angel earning $7 million for a third place finish and Green Book, last weekend's Best Picture winner, earning $4.7 million. Green Book's total is a bump of 121%.
Limited release films had a steady weekend. Neon opened the documentary, Apollo 11, on 120 IMAX screens. A24's Climax opened in five theaters.
Next weekend, Captain Marvel should become the year's biggest earner as it opens on over 4,100 screens.
TOP TEN: (bold signifies a new release)
1. HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD - $30 million
2. A MADEA FAMILY FUNERAL - $27 million
3. ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL - $7 million
4. THE LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND ACT - $6.6 million
5. GREEN BOOK - $4.7 million
6. FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY - $4.69 million
7. ISN'T IT ROMANTIC - $4.64 million
8. GRETA - $4.5 million
9. WHAT MEN WANT - $2.7 million
10. HAPPY DEATH DAY 2U - $2.5 million
All box office numbers provided by BoxOfficeMojo.com.